Friday, October 21, 2005

The Best Time Travel Stories of the 20th Century, edited by Turtledove and Greenberg

The Best Time Travel Stories of the 20th Century, edited by Harry Turtledove and Martin H. Greenberg

If the title didn’t clue you in, this is a collection of short stories dealing with time travel. As I’ve mentioned before, I like the idea of time travel and alternate fiction. This is a pretty good collection, but with the word best in the title I was surprised with the lack of anything by Bester. In any case, this was a solid book. Several stories are familiar, such as Bradbury’s A Sound of Thunder and Clarke’s Time’s Arrow. Most were new to me, though, and pretty good. Henry Kuttner’s Time Locker was my favorite; one of those stories where the bad guy gets what he deserves in a most entertaining way. A good read, all the way through.

First Sentence (from the introduction):
We’re all time travelers, whether we know it or not.

No comments:

Search This Blog