Friday, April 29, 2005

Something Under the Bed Is Drooling, by Bill Watterson

Something Under the Bed Is Drooling, by Bill Watterson

My oldest son has recently discovered Calvin and Hobbes. He has been going through my collection of collections, and really enjoying them. A couple of days ago he came up to me and asked for some designer clothes. I asked him why and he told me, “For the babes, Dad.” Between laughs I managed to ask where he had gotten that idea and he showed me the strip. I ended up reading the entire book and found the strips are just as fresh as they were almost 20 years ago. If you haven’t read any of Watterson’s genius lately, do yourself a favor and spend some time with a certain six-year-old and his tiger.

First Sentence:
Don’t turn out the light, Dad!

No comments:

Search This Blog