Monday, November 02, 2009

Flex 3 in Action, by Tariq Ahmed, Jon Hirschi, and Faisal Abid

Flex 3 in Action, by Tariq Ahmed, Jon Hirschi, and Faisal Abid

I had said earlier I wasn’t going to read any more of the ... in Action series, but there were a few copies of Flex 3 in Action lying around the office so I took a chance. While it wasn’t as bad as the others I’ve tried, I was still left unimpressed. The text is little more than a walk-through of the various Flex API’s, but not detailed enough to be a reference manual and not enough explanation to be a teaching guide. Skip this book and instead look at the excellent video training series that Adobe hosts, or poke around on the Flex Cookbook site.

First Sentence:
This chapter makes the case why Flex is a great addition to your personal skill set or organization.

No comments:

Search This Blog