Saturday, April 09, 2005

The Sword in the Tree, by Clyde Robert Bulla

The Sword in the Tree, by Clyde Robert Bulla

My son had to read this for school and then build a diorama depicting a scene in the book. He said he really liked it and asked me to read it too, so I did. The Crystal Cave it isn’t, but it was cute and I can see why he liked it. The hero is a young boy that is consistently dismissed as too young to be useful, but ends up saving his father and meeting King Arthur. While it was clear (to a well-read person, anyway) in the first chapter what was going to happen, an eight year old boy could easily identify with the hero. While it didn’t capture my attention as it did my son’s, I’m so glad he is excited about reading that I loved it too!

First Sentence:
The boy sat up in bed.

No comments:

Search This Blog