Sunday, March 20, 2005

SXSW Party

Last night I attended a party at the Lucky Lounge hosted by Palo Duro Records. Both Morrison-Williams and Two Tons of Steel performed and we all had a great time. We picked up the Morrison-Williams CD at the bar and I just ordered Transparent and Live at Gruene Hall from Two Tons. MW has a great tune called My Girl Friday, but their rendition of Cover of the Rolling Stone was my favorite of the evening. Two Tons is a fantastic band to hear live; they have an infectious sound (think Brian Setzer Orchestra) and attitude that had us dancing at the bar. I believe they are going to be at the Continental Club in April; hopefully we will be able to catch them again. A great evening for us all; check these bands out if you get a chance.

No comments:

Search This Blog